The 2022 ICC Men’s Twenty20 World Cup was the eighth ICC Men’s Twenty20 World Cup tournament. It was played in Australia from 16 October to 13 November 2022. In the final, England beat Pakistan by five wickets to win their second ICC Men’s T20 World Cup title. Sam Curran was also named Player of the Match and Player of the Tournament.
Most wickets in 2022 in the T20 World Cup
The T20 World Cup 2022 begins on October 16 in Australia. Here is a look at the top run-scorers and wicket-takers in the 16-team tournament.
India’s Virat Kohli is the leading run-scorer in the tournament with 246 runs from five matches, while Sri Lanka’s Wanindu Hasaranga is the leading wicket-taker with 15 wickets.
T20 World Cup Facts 2022
- Record for most catches in T20 World Cup – Mr. 360 AB de Villiers of South Africa, with 23 catches in all editions.
- Only one player has scored two centuries in the T20 World Cup – Chris Gayle against South Africa in 2007 and against England in 2016.
- Most wickets in T20 World Cup – Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh, 41 wickets.
- India’s leading wicket-taker in the T20 World Cup – India’s Ravichandran Ashwin with 26 wickets
- Most sixes in T20 World Cup – Chris Gayle of West Indies hit 63 sixes in all editions.
- Most sixes in an innings of T20 World Cup – Chris Gayle of West Indies hit 11 sixes against England in 2016.
- Highest team score in a T20 World Cup game – 260/6 by Sri Lanka against Kenya in 2007.
- First hat-trick in T20 World Cup – Australian fast bowler Brett Lee against Bangladesh in 2007.